Devlog · Updates

Fixed a few minor issues on the site

While attempting work on some of the tasks in my previous post, some new issues popped up around the site. Image thumbnails were displaying improperly, but that’s fixed now. Jetpack’s Photon feature includes a function that optimizes image load times. In theory, this would be super useful. Problem is that it wasn’t cooperating with the Post Thumbnail Editor plugin that I’m using to create custom comic thumbnails.

The Blog page was being an issue layout-wise but isn’t anymore. The code in the template file for it seems to have been the wrong one, likely due to an interaction with an earlier plugin. I just fixed it by pasting over the code with the one from Frumph’s blog.php on Github. The blog part of this site isn’t super important to me right now; but that doesn’t mean I can just let it look like trash.

I’ve added my Twitter feed to the sidebar and need to figure out how to get the scroll bar to show. I’m also going to manually add Social Media icons using a custom menu widget.

That’s that needed to be fixed for now

Other than all that, the Archive still needs some work. Then, I want to work on more illustrated graphics for the site. I want to pepper the site with little spot illustrations here and there for more visual appeal. You can already see an example of what I mean with the illustrated menubar above. I want Mage Punk Archives to feel somewhat immersive without going too over-the-top. Like when you’re flipping through a history book and the pictures catch your eye. Plus, I only have so much time on my hands so spot drawings feel more manageable for me. However, I haven’t touched my tablet in ages and it’s starting to drive me a little batty. So expect some more drawings later. I think we’re almost there as far as the site goes.

Stay Not-Batty, Folks!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.